It’s time to vote…
It’s time to cast your vote for your favourite sports star from 2017. Click on the ‘VOTE’ section above to have your say!
2017 Ulster Herald Sports Personality Award categories:
- Club of the Year, sponsored by Ecclesville Printing Services
- Senior Team of the Year, sponsored by JMG Systems
- Youth Team of the Year, sponsored by PD Coaches
- School Team of the Year, sponsored by Business Finance 365
- Hall of Fame Award, sponsored by Patrick Fahy & Co Solicitors
- Special Achievement/Contribution to Sport Award (which identifies an individual whose selfless endeavours on the sporting front have proven a real inspiration to others). Sponsored by The Mellon Country Inn
- Recognition Award (which recognises the fantastic contribution made to sport by athletes and sport people with an intellectual, physical or sensory disability who have overcome major obstacles to be the best they can be). Sponsored by The Mellon Country Inn
- Young Sports Personality of the Year, sponsored by First Trust Bank
- Overall Sports Personality of the Year, sponsored by Main Street Omagh (principle sponsor)
THE trophies are being polished, tuxedos and ball-gowns are being readied because it’s almost time, once again, for the biggest night in the local sporting calendar…it is the 2017 Ulster Herald Sports Awards, in association with principal sponsor Main Street.
Top stars of all ages from an impressive variety of sports and disciplines will converge on Kelly’s Inn, Garvaghy on Friday, March 2 as we gather to celebrate the sporting achievements of the last twelve months and recall the memorable moments from another phenomenal year of success.
The Awards honour sportsmen and women from Tyrone who have excelled in the local, national and international arena. The full list of those lucky enough to be shortlisted will be published in-paper (Ulster Herald) and online on Thursday 15th February 2018.
This is one of the top sporting events of the year in Tyrone and if you would like to be a part of it then contact Mairead or Catherine at 028 8225 5959. Tickets are priced at £35 for the black-tie event which includes a five-course sit-down meal and entertainment afterwards.