Advertisement

Woman dies in suspected gas leak in Cookstown

A WOMAN has died after a suspected gas leak at a house in Cookstown.

The police said officers “attended the scene of the sudden death of a woman, aged in her 60’s, at a house in the Drum Road area of Cookstown this morning, Tuesday, August 14.

They added, “A post mortem is due to be carried out however the death is not being treated as suspicious at this time. A man, aged in his 70s, who was also in the house at the time was taken to hospital by NIAS staff.”

Advertisement

A Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) Spokesperson said: “The thoughts and sympathy of NIFRS are with the family of the lady who died following a carbon monoxide incident at a house in the Drum Road, Cookstown on Tuesday.”

“NIFRS received a call at 6.59am from the NI Ambulance Service to attend a carbon monoxide incident. Ambulance personnel were already at the scene and were treating two casualties, a man and woman, who were then transferred to Craigavon Area Hospital.”

Top
Advertisement

Ulster Herald is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 10-14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT781DW