Man dies in Omagh house fire


A man died an a house fire in the Botera Road of Omagh on Friday night (November 19).

Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue reported that, “three appliances were tasked to the incident and unfortunately a gentleman has lost his life”.


Chief Fire Officer Alan Walmsley said, “The thoughts of everybody within the Fire and Rescue Service are with the gentleman’s family and with the local community”.

He also stated the Fire Service is “extremely worried” that this is the third fatality involving men over the age of 50 and living alone across the North in the past week.”



Ulster Herald is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 10-14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT781DW