THE Stormont Executive has released a comprehensive timetable detailing the opening of facilities and relaxation of lockdown restrictions, which will see the return of playparks, cinemas and leisure centres over the coming weeks.
On Friday past, people in the North were allowed to travel to holiday homes and caravan parks, with hotels and B&Bs expected to open from next week. There is also good news for the sports sector with the green light for contact sport training from today (Monday) while indoor gyms can reopen from July 10 and leisure centres from August 7.
This is the full timetable released by the Executive last Thursday:
• Resumption of contact sport training June 29
•Reopening of betting shops July 3
• Resumption of further close contact services including tattoo parlours, piercings and spas July 6
• Reopening of indoor gyms July 10
• Reopening of outdoor leisure playgrounds July 10
• Reopening of libraries July 16
• Competitive sports July 17
• Limited numbers of outdoor spectators permitted July 17 with numbers increased at a later date
• Reopening of seated venues including cinemas and bingo halls July 29
• Reopening of indoor sports courts and skating rinks August 7
• Reopening of arcades July 29
• Leisure centres and soft play areas August 7
• Socially distanced indoor spectators permitted August 28
• Open air museums (late August)
There will be further consideration of weddings and funerals and other gatherings early this week.
Following an update on the current virus transmission levels, the Executive has also confirmed the following relaxations to take effect over the coming weeks:
• Opening places of worship from Monday, 29 June;
• Indoor training for elite and grass roots athletes, 29 June;
• Holiday and tourism accommodation, including holiday apartments, homes, cottages, bungalows, caravan parks and campsites from June 26.
• Travel to stay in a second home from June 26
• The reopening of hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes and coffee shops from July 3
• The reopening of visitor attractions from July 3
• The reopening of nail, hair, beauty, barbers, tanning salons, electrolysis and acupuncture from July 6.