Advertisement

Man treated for burns after Omagh shed fire

A MAN has received treatment for burns after an accidental fire at a shed in Omagh this morning.

Two fire engines from Omagh station were called out to the incident at Summerfield Court, off Tamlaght Road, at around 11.15am.

Firefighters used one hose reel jet and a covering jet to battle the blaze, which was extinguished just before 12.30pm.

Advertisement

They treated one male casualty for burns before he was transferred to the care of Northern Ireland Ambulance Service. 

A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service (NIFRS) spokesperson added, “The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental ignition.”

Receive quality journalism wherever you are, on any device. Keep up to date from the comfort of your own home with a digital subscription.
Any time | Any place | Anywhere

SUBSCRIBE TO CURRENT EDITION TODAY
and get access to our archive editions dating back to 2007
(CLICK ON THE TITLE BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE)
Top
Advertisement

Ulster Herald is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 10-14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT781DW