Advertisement

Over 430,000 people now vaccinated in the North

THE Department of Health has published a detailed breakdown of Northern Ireland’s vaccination numbers.

The latest vaccination figures show a total of 438,708 vaccines administered, comprising 409,507 first doses and 29,201 second doses.

This includes 205,555 vaccines administered by GPs and 233,153 by Trusts.

Advertisement

The progress to date includes first doses received by –

Over 80-year-olds – 94 percent, 67,824 people. A significant number of the remaining 6 percent will be people who are confined to their homes or in hospital. Their vaccinations are proceeding, with GPs and district nurses both involved in this work.

The 75-79 age group  – 88 percent, 54,730 people.

The 70-74 age group – 75 percent, 60,827 people.

The 65-69 age group – 62 percent, 55,688 people.

 CEV – 2 percent, 21,821 people.

Telephone and appointment booking for CEV people has been introduced in recent days. Many CEV people will be in the 65 plus age group, so are being covered in that section of the vaccination programme.

Advertisement

The programme continues to make good progress, but anyone eligible to book their vaccinations is urged to do so without delay.

Vaccination saves lives, protects people from serious illness and reduces pressure on our health service.

Patricia Donnelly, head of NI’s vaccination programme, said, “Vaccination on this scale is unprecedented and was always going to be a marathon not a sprint.

“We need people to keep coming forward to get their jabs. If you are eligible to make an appointment at one of our regional vaccination centres, please book as soon as you can. Don’t delay on getting yourself protected.

“When we start our programme of second dose vaccinations, appointments for first doses will not be just as easy to obtain. If you are eligible, the best time to get booking is now.”

If you are aged 65-69, or received a shielding letter because you are Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV), you can book your vaccination appointment at one of the Trust run regional centres.

To make an appointment by telephone, ring 0300 200 7813. The phone line is open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.

To make an appointment online, go to https://covid-19.hscni.net/get-vaccinated

 

Receive quality journalism wherever you are, on any device. Keep up to date from the comfort of your own home with a digital subscription.
Any time | Any place | Anywhere

SUBSCRIBE TO CURRENT EDITION TODAY
and get access to our archive editions dating back to 2007
(CLICK ON THE TITLE BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE)
Top
Advertisement

Ulster Herald is published by North West of Ireland Printing & Publishing Company Limited, trading as North-West News Group.
Registered in Northern Ireland, No. R0000576. 10-14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, N. Ireland, BT781DW