Voting is now closed!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to cast a vote for the 2020 Ulster Herald Sports Personality nominees. Each year the judging panel take into consideration the number of votes for each nominee to help in their deliberations. The LIVE winners reveal took place on Wednesday at 7pm, March 11 via the Ulster Herald Facebook and Twitter pages.
This year’s nominees represent a wide range of sports from soccer to table tennis and golf to GAA. The life altering circumstances of 2020 once again brought out the best of the sporting community and we featured monthly winners who used their talents to raise over £36,000 for charity. As a group these twelve individuals are the people who despite everything they faced adapted, made a difference and succeeded against the odds.
- January Matthew Neill, Athletics
- February Jamie Glackin, Soccer
- March Antoin Fox, Gaelic Football
- April Seanie Meyler, Athletics
- May Adrian McCaffrey, Soccer
- June Niall Heaney, Athletics
- July Jordan Hyland, Golf
- August Ashley Robinson, Table Tennis
- September Padraig McNulty, Gaelic Football
- October Ann Marie McGlynn, Athletics
- November Cameron Dawson, Motorcyle Racing
- December Andrew Scott, Soccer
As a thank you to everyone who took the time to vote we had a fabulous prize up for grab thanks to our #UHSports20 sponsor, MFC Sports. Catherine McWiliams was the lucky winner who won an exclusive half zip and hoodie.
Read more about the nominees in the links below: