Omagh Independent Advice Services is a local charity which has been serving the people of the Omagh district since June 1995.
We provide a free, independent, generalist advice and representational service on social security benefits, debt/money advice, financial inclusion, employment law, housing, consumer rights and other welfare related issues. In the last 26 years, the organisation has dealt with over 250,000 enquiries and assisted clients to secure a reported £35 million via benefit claims and Tribunal representation.
It is fully expected that the demand for independent advice will continue to increase both in (2021/22) and beyond due to:
- Increased job loss: The number of people on the NI claimant count was 58,400 in December 2020, almost double the number recorded in March 202);
- Furlough ending at end of October 2021 (98,800 on furlough in NI at the end of December 2020);
- Increase in Universal Credit applications (114,000 households on Universal Credit at August 2020);
- Future migration of benefit claimants on to Universal Credit.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) claims and assessments.
- Social Security Appeals (5,958 PIP appeals pending).
The Covid-19 crisis has had a huge impact on all our lives and as we start to slowly emerge from the pandemic, it is as important as ever that people have access to free, independent advice and representation.
Omagh Independent Advice Services would encourage anyone who is facing issues around their benefits, employment status, debt/financial inclusion or any other matters to contact us.
For further information: Tel: 028 8224 3252; text: 07889002207 or Email: email@example.com
- Omagh Independent Advice Services are accredited with Investors in People and holds the NI Advice Quality Standard. We are also registered with the Office of the Immigration Services (OISC) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).